Lusha is growing and we are searching for an experienced Data Engineer to join us!
If you are a highly skilled software engineer experienced in solving complex data challenges, with a proven track record in scaling data driven organization, a strong knowledge of a wide range of technologies and solutions in data engineering, and someone who thrives in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment - continue reading :)
What will you be doing?
As a Big-Data Engineer, you will be working on creating solutions to implement and operationalize a data lake, with full support for ingestion of data from various sources. Additionally, the Data Engineer you will implement security and governance controls within the data, manage a cataloging solution, and automate solutions for transforming data sets using state of the art big-data technologies (Hive, Spark, etc.).
- Build and maintain data lakes to support scalable ingesting, manipulation, and reporting of data
- Manipulate data to produce and maintain new data elements using repeatable, automated processes
- Combine and transform data into usable sets by other individuals in the organization, for example, data scientists and business users
- Build new software from the ground up utilizing industry standard best practices
- Autodidact like a challenge, motivated
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact and lead by example. Wants to grow, you thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, growth environment and are able to operate at the strategic level and the micro-detail to get things right
- Independent. You pick things up quickly and are able to execute independently from ideation to implementation
- Results-driven. You have a can-do approach, drive to exceed your goals
- Data-oriented. You like analyzing and working with data
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, multifaceted projects and keep various work streams on track - even those with many moving parts
- A team player. You will collaborate across the data team and with other teams as well
Lusha is the place for you
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer with extensive knowledge in one or more of the following programing languages (Java,Scala,Python).
- Proficient in the composition of Advanced SQL (analytical functions) and query performance tuning skills.
- Experience working within AWS ecosystem (AWS S3, Glue, EMR, Redshift, Athena) or comparable cloud environments (Azure/GCP).
- Experience in building data stream/batch data pipelines using big data frameworks and tools such as Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Airflow, MLflow, SageMaker, Databricks etc.
- Experience extracting, ingesting, and transforming large data sets.
- Experience with working with multiple kinds of databases (relational, document storage, key-value, timeseries) and their associated query languages - specifically understanding when to use one vs. another.
- Experience utilizing enterprise data warehousing systems such as Redshift or Snowflake - an advantage.
- Experience handling sensitive data and governing access to it.