Gallanough Resource Centre

www.gallanough.com

Mission Statement The Gallanough Resource Centre is an educational, recreational facility providing library type services and various programmes for children and adults that meet the needs of the community. A Brief history of Gallanough The Gallanough Resource Centre (GRC) is named in memory of the Gallanough family who first bought land and settled in Thornhill in 1823. Much of the funds used to build the library came from a $200,000 bequest left by the late Dr. Frederick Gallanough to "establish a memorial to the Gallanough family in or about the area presently known as Thornhill..." The property was donated by Joseph Tanenbaum, a well known local developer. The Thornhill Lions Club donated trees and shrubs. Architect Napier Simpson designed the building & was quoted as saying the design was in keeping with the "softer rural feeling of Thornhill." Mayor Garnet A. Williams presided over the original opening ceremony on October 18, 1975 when it opened as The Gallanough Library, part of the Vaughan Public Library system. Gallanough continued in that role until the Library board closed it in May 1996. Local residents worked hard with Vaughan Council and the Public Trustees office to reinstate Gallanough as a focal point of the Thornhill community. Gallanough Resource Centre reopened on November 8, 1999 as a community run facility. As a Not for Profit Corporation with Charitable Status the Gallanough is managed by a volunteer Board of Directors.

Read more

Reach decision makers at Gallanough Resource Centre

Lusha Magic

Free credit every month!

Mission Statement The Gallanough Resource Centre is an educational, recreational facility providing library type services and various programmes for children and adults that meet the needs of the community. A Brief history of Gallanough The Gallanough Resource Centre (GRC) is named in memory of the Gallanough family who first bought land and settled in Thornhill in 1823. Much of the funds used to build the library came from a $200,000 bequest left by the late Dr. Frederick Gallanough to "establish a memorial to the Gallanough family in or about the area presently known as Thornhill..." The property was donated by Joseph Tanenbaum, a well known local developer. The Thornhill Lions Club donated trees and shrubs. Architect Napier Simpson designed the building & was quoted as saying the design was in keeping with the "softer rural feeling of Thornhill." Mayor Garnet A. Williams presided over the original opening ceremony on October 18, 1975 when it opened as The Gallanough Library, part of the Vaughan Public Library system. Gallanough continued in that role until the Library board closed it in May 1996. Local residents worked hard with Vaughan Council and the Public Trustees office to reinstate Gallanough as a focal point of the Thornhill community. Gallanough Resource Centre reopened on November 8, 1999 as a community run facility. As a Not for Profit Corporation with Charitable Status the Gallanough is managed by a volunteer Board of Directors.

Read more
icon

Country

icon

Industry

icon

Employees

1-10

icon

Founded

1999

icon

Estimated Revenue

$1 to $1,000,000

icon

Social

  • icon

Employees statistics

View all employees

Potential Decision Makers

  • Librarian

    Email ****** @****.com
    Phone (***) ****-****

Reach decision makers at Gallanough Resource Centre

Free credits every month!

My account

Sign up now to uncover all the contact details